Aika muistella hieman kulunutta vuotta. Tänä vuonnakin teen sen standardimalliin kyselyn kautta englanniksi. Aloitan kuitenkin sanomalla, että 2021, olit minulle erinomainen vuosi ja olen ollut todella onnellinen! Vietin ensimmäisen puolikkaan erittäin raskaana ja toisen äippälomaillen mitä ihanimman pikkumiehen kanssa. Nyt on opeteltu suurperheen arkea puolisen vuotta ja toki se on välillä raskasta ja voisin valittaa yöheräilystä vaikka maailman tappiin asti mutta oikeasti mun maailmassa asiat on hyvin. Lapset kasvaa ja on mitä parhainta seuraa. Kotona rakkautta on paljon. Mitä sitä muuta elämässä tarvii?
Ai niin rahaakinko? No pörssikurssit on tänä vuonna huidelleet niin korkealla, että myös sijoituksillani on mennyt hyvin. En ole kertaakaan poistunut Suomen kamaralta, mutta olen sentään päässyt matkailemaan Suomen sisällä. Koen myös suurta onnea kahdesta kesämökistä elämässäni... On niin paljon kiitollisuutta kaikkea kohtaan. Eikä olla edes saatu koronaa vielä. Tino ilmoitti tänään facebookissa että Omicron saapuu seuraavan parin viikon sisään joten sitä odotellessa...
Aikaisemmat vuodet blogissa:
- 2011 - Past this blog in Livejournal! (Had to actually try to remember my account... But it's still there!)
Muistelutapani on vuonna 2007 kehittelemäni standardimeemi 40 kysymystä viime vuodesta. Tänäkin vuonna vastaan niihin englanniksi. Valitettavasti instastoorit veivät mennessään ja en siksi postannut feediin edes yhdeksää kuvaa joten instagrammin "Best Nine" vuoden huippuhetkiä ei nyt nähdä... Nyyh. Kaivelin sentään joitakin huippuhetkien kuvia kuvitukseksi.
Mutta sitten asiaan: Uuden vuoden viettomme peruuntui flunssan takia joten tällä kertaa vietän Uutta Vuotta kotona neljän muksun kanssa. Just Dance on Nintendo Switchille ladattu ja lautapelinä on tarkoitus opetella Tappajahaita! Kaupunki ilotulittaa koronasta huolimatta tänä vuonna ja menemme siis katsomaan raketteja vielä iltamyöhäisellä... Toivon kaikille mahtavaa uutta vuotta 2022!
/Summing up my year of 2021, once again in English. I do this every year, just like Charlie Brooker, except you know - not funny...
1. What did you do in 2021 that you’d never done before?
Became a blood mother of two children I guess.
2. Did you keep you New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I always make some resolutions and I was successful in most of them yes:) I make a more detailed account of this whenever I write about next year's resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Besides myself? Yes! It is babies all around. Many colleagues, friends etc have been getting lovely Covid babies this year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully no! Juha's Tai Chi teacher Dan died in December and will be missed.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2022 that you lacked in 2021?
I guess the same answer as last year: Freedom to travel. I guess that's obvious.
7. What date from 2021 will remain attached upon your memory, and why? 10.7. my son 'L' was born.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Well let's say he is eight kilos of pure love
9. What was your biggest failure?
What did I fail in? I don't think I failed much this year. Of course being a mother of two, bonus mother to two more means that I occasionally fail in giving enough attention to everyone. That is natural. But that's inevitable so I don't really see it as a failure...
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yeah I hurt my knee again in floorball and I really hate that I cannot go play now... It is sooo frustrating.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Well I am going to say weirdly, a motorcycle. I dont even know how to ride it, but I feel as it was immensely important to our collective well being in the family.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
So so many people help me every day with the kids. The kids themselves, Juha, my mother, my mother-in-law, my aunt, my uncle's wife, L's god mother, L's god fathers, my friends etc. All of you who have helped me with this family <3.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Well, there is a certain person at not-so-near family that come into mind.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Housing, food, investing and kids! And will go again next year...
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about
16. What song will always remind you of 2021?
Not Geir Rönning... Well my most listened song was Haloo Helsinki's Piilotan mun Kyyneleet - But probably Blind Channel's Dark Side is more likely to remind me...
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I. happier or sadder? Happier
II. thinner or fatter? Thinner! Actually what happened was that in the end of September I made a plan to loose ten kilos and today it was -9,9kg! I am shocked that I got to my target... This was 7 kilos that I had with me when I got pregnant too. So perhaps next year it would be time to start being healthy again.
III. richer or poorer? Quite a bit richer - my plan to become a millionaire in 20 years have now become millionaire in 16 years! That's how good the year went financial wise
Same answers every year
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I had a pretty balanced year so no regrets. Next year I will add even more HIIT into the schedule.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sometimes I have the tendency to think of the worst case scenarios in the middle of the night. That leads to sleepless nights and that is pretty pointless.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
22. Did you fall in love in 2021?
With my beautiful son.
24. What was your favorite tv programme?
Hmm... Probably still Survivor. I freaking love that show 20 years now. Lately I've watched the Witcher, but that is not very good really...
25. Do you hate anyone now that you did not hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
I read over 10 books this year! Can you believe it...? Well - listened to anyways... I liked Satu Rämö's Talo Maailman Laidalla and Aino Huilaja's 'Pakumatkalla'.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I think that the only new songs came with the Eurovision Song Contest... Nothing much to report there.
28. What did you want and get?
Second child of my blood.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
hmmm we lately watched 'Locke' and that was good but I havent watched almost any films this year. I dont think I've even been to the cinema once... Or did I...?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 40. My friends came to get me for breakfast as a surprise! I spent the rest of the day at home with Juha. I think we had indian takeaway:)
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Without COVID-19 Pandemic - doh! I am soooo over these quarantines. Let's get back to normal please.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2020?
It is outdoors trousers and compfy long sleeve shirts...
34. What kept you sane?
Well, I have been seeing a therapist once a month regularly now which helps. Sleeping late with the baby in the mornings is important. The fact that Juha let's me go to floorball/swimming once a week is important. Having regular dates without any kids is important. So I would say social networks keep me sane by helping with the kids. Also Juha and I have had a phenomenal communication year I would say overall and that has helped a lot.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Well, I really like Natalia Salmela & Jasmin Hamid who are having a podcast on family life called 'Mamma Betalar', so I guess I fancy them but also an Instablogger called 'Kolmiokuudelle?' That is my answer... Also Sanna Latvala, Vaurastaelamaa and so on... Instagram communities are great.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Same answer as last year: COVID-19
37. Who did you miss?
I miss my friends around the globe...
38. Who was the best new person you met?
My son. But there was also another person who came to our lives more intensively than before and I was truly impressed and delighted of that.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2021:
That second time around I enjoy having a baby a lot more. I already know my life will not end and we can do amazing things together despite of having young kids in our lives. With kids you can do exactly the same things as without kids - perhaps things take a longer time or cost more, but basically I am not missing out on some life I wish I had: I am living my best life right now and it is sooo full of joy <3.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: