Näin vanhan ja uuden vuoden tienoillahan minulla on jo vuosikausia ollut tapana muistella edellistä vuotta ja tehdä uuden vuoden suunnitelmia ja lupauksia. Tänäkin vuonna teen sen tänne blogiin.
Aikaisemmat vuodet blogissa:
- 2011 - Past this blog in Livejournal! (Had to actually try to remember my account... But it's still there!)
Muistelutapani on vuonna 2007 kehittelemäni standardimeemi 40 kysymystä viime vuodesta. Tänäkin vuonna vastaan niihin englanniksi. Kuvituksena perinteiseen tapaan instagrammin "Best Nine" vuoden huippuhetkiä...Yleensä best nine on aina kuvannut vuotta hyvin. Tällä kertaa se on hieman erilainen sillä sinne on livahtanut jopa kolme kuvaa BETT-show tapahtumasta Lontoosta tammikuulta. Se oli työkeikka ja kokeilin hashtag-optimointia, mikä siis vääristyttää tuloksen... Mutta kuvista löytyy kyllä vuoden highlightseja eli matka lasten kanssa Espanjaan ja murun kanssa Kappadokyaan. Kirsin kans embuiltiin EM-kisoissa kesällä myös:) Että toisaalta jos ajattelee, että kolmas osa mun elämästä on ollut työtä ja sen lisäks on ollut aikaa perheelle, harrastukselle ja matkustamisellekin niin ei kait se kauhean huono vuosi voi olla ollut...
Lisäksi postauksia oli 40! Vrt. edellisvuoden 187 postausta! Instastoriesien tekeminen selkeästi rampauttaa tavisinstan käytön ja kuvia ei todellakaan tule postattua samaan tahtiin... Instagrammin käyttötapa on siis viimeisten parin vuoden aikana muuttunut radikaalisti...
Mutta sitten asiaan: Vietämme tänäkin vuonna lasten, Juhan ja ystävien kanssa. Illalla on tarkoitus viedä muksut katsomaan ilotulitusta, se oli viimekin vuonna hitti:) Toivon kaikille mahtavaa uutta vuotta 2020!
/Summing up my year of 2019, once again in English. I do this every year, just like Charlie Brooker, except you know - not funny...
1. What did you do in 2019 that you’d never done before?
Signed a permanent work contract! Went on a hot air balloon ride! Got promoted as a doctor of Economics... Defended my H2020 project as a coordinator... Opened a Nordnet account... Many first times!
2. Did you keep you New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I always make some resolutions, and I promised to take better care of myself and I did fail that unfortunately and took pretty crappy care of myself. However I also promised to spend a lot of time with loved ones and that I did keep:)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! Juuli's daughter I was born.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My friend and dear colleague Eetu died in January. It was really the tragedy of this year.
5. What countries did you visit?
Working trips to, let's see... UK, Bulgaria, Azerbajzan, Spain, Ukraine, Slovenia, China, Georgia, Luxembourg, Germany, Italy
I wanted to make one trip somewhere with all the three kids - and we did go to Spain in May which was an amazing adventure for all of us... Such a lovely time by the pool in our little villa. Loved it <3. I also wanted to make a longer trip with Juha and we did go for a roadtrip in the Balkans covering North Macedonia, Kosovo, Albania and Greece as well as an extention to Turkey and Cappadokya, which was one dream come true. In July I also went to Sweden for Shorinji Kempo European Taikai where Kirsi and I became 4th place.
Out of these countries, it was my first time in Bulgaria, Georgia, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Albania and Turkey. Quite an adventurous year of travels - my work trips tend to still go to places where I have been many, many times before so it was refreshing to see new places during the summer and of course to experience those with my love.
6. What would you like to have in 2020 that you lacked in 2019?
I will tell you next year this time if it did happen. Don't want to jinx it.
7. What date from 2019 will remain attached upon your memory, and why?
Unfortunately 15.10. when I experienced one of the toughest days of my career.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Most definitely my new contract starting tomorrow(!) as a Research coordinator:)
9. What was your biggest failure?
It was not delegating enough, not hiring a senior person permanently to work on my project... But also the many failures of taking control of my health.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I did have Pneumonia in the Autumn which made me take a week off and just stay on the sofa with Netflix.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I bought a car. I needed it, so I got it. It's a Skoda Octavia and we are learning to like each other.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I have such amazing support system. In the Autumn when it got tough, my entire family helped. My brother took me to a car shop when I was having a panic attack. Ritva took care of A with my mother. J came to clean the house, My uncle helped me to buy a car while the crisis was full on and I was doing emergency phone calls from his car's back seat... Naomi helped me with my dark side and to get a therapist. Pieta, Saana and Mikko, my team have listened to endless hours of rant and despair... I have needed a lot of help this year.
But most importantly, I have had one person on my side who has stood by me in various occasions when I truly have been at my worst and still he has not left but on the contrary he has built our family and unit together. He has allowed me to be safe, small, protected and loved. He has said that he will support my dreams even when the easier way would be to follow his own.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Well there are some candidates for the no1 slot, all work related. Let's just leave it at that.
14. Where did most of your money go?
The car was my biggest purchase but money also went to housing, food, travels and investing! Yes! I have finally started some small investments, which makes me smile:) I am only learning...
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about
Doing Embu in Sweden was exciting:) Going for our family trip in Spain:) The Road trip in the Balkans and Turkey were amazing. Investing. Oddly: Tax returns!
16. What song will always remind you of 2019?
I'll always remember us this way
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I. happier or sadder? I am very happy, so let's say happier.
II. thinner or fatter? Fatter:(
III. richer or poorer? Richer:)
So, is this the life from now on: Happier & richer but fatter..? There should be a way to get all three...
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
HIIT, studied Chinese, executed my business ideas
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
In Jyväskylä with my new and old family members. On Christmas Eve my brother and I took some candles to the graves and met up with my uncle. In the evening Juha and I spent with the elder kids and the other family members at their home. On Christmas day it was time to see my M-K relatives at Timo's and so on... So eating, some little presents, one trip to IKEA, a little gym... Netflix (and chill). And somehow a lot of small dogs have suddenly come to my life.
22. Did you fall in love in 2019?
No! What's wrong with me... Two years in a row.
24. What was your favorite tv programme?
Game of Thrones ended - still, I thought it was good, even though a rushed ending. What else...? Vikings is still good. We've also watched His Dark Materials (surprisingly good) and the latest: Expanse - I think Expanse has gotten better with each season, even though I still hate snoopy hero characted 'James Holden' who just mopes around about the universe - There is so many other good characters like the belter captains as well as Avasarala of course (she always gets the best lines). We have also been watching Sons of Anarchy sequel the Mayans and Ray Donovan, which I didnt think would last until season seven(!) But then again, next year my "Turn-your-brains-off" favourite show Survivor is up to its 40th season!!! I mean: 40 seasons! Whoah! And it's all-winners:) Can't wait!
25. Do you hate anyone now that you did not hate this time last year?
Hating is so pointless.
26. What was the best book you read?
Still thinking of which book subscription I should start. The books that I would like to 'read' would include: Millionaire next door, Miracle morning, 4-hour work week, The One Thing, Millionaire real estate investor... You see where I am going with these, right?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Lady Gaga on A Star is Born.
28. What did you want and get?
A permanent new contract!
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
A Star is Born was pretty awsome so let's say that
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 38. Spent the day in Lahti and Helsinki. Saw both of my cousins, trained embu and Tino took me to see Oodi. It was a very satisfying good day:)
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I think it's always good to have theraphy and since I have since October, the last three months have been better. But the same answer as last year. And this will not be my answer next year because I have made the choice to quit.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2019?
Ouch... Fashion... Something I really have not had any time for. I've tried to wear clothes which make me feel comfortable and would not be too tight. Obviously with such increase in weight that I've had over the last years, it's not that easy to find comfortable clothes from one's own closet. But still, I like black and white - Pants, boots, dresses, jackets - pretty much the same kind of clothes as before. My fashion hasn't changed this year.
34. What kept you sane?
Therapist? Friends and family. The kids. Lots of love. Talking about my problems.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hmmm... Bloggers and internet personalities are really the celebrities of 2019. My favourites this year have definitely been:
Since this question is a bit out-dated, I am going to ask which were my top 5 podcasts in 2019:
In no particular order:
- Tuplashotti - Maria on saanut aisaparikseen Mia Enrothin ja tässä podcastissa puhutaan perheen ja työelämän yhteensovittamisesta smoothisti - ja siitä miltä tuntuu olla boss ladyja
- Himocast - Kaisa ja Jenni puhuvat seksistä kiertelemättä
- Ostan asuntoja podcast - Harri Huru haastattelee asuntosijoittajia on mun kestosuosikki
- Hei Baby - Vivian ja Kirsikka puhuvat äideiksi tulemisesta hauskasti ja arjenmakuisesti
- Puhumuru - Maria Kihlström jututtaa todella kiinnostavia vieraita
- Mimmit sijoittaa - No onhan tämä hyvä... Pia-Maria ja Hanna tekevät uraa uurtavaa työtä kertoen ihan tavisihmisille rautalangasta, ettei sijoittaminen ole hankalaa...
These are all in Finnish... In English I listen to Bigger Pockets and bigger pockets money...
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
Currently I miss Tops who has been spending his Christmas break in UK with his English family. But he is back today! Can't wait!
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Fore sure little miss I!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2019:
Get a thicker skin. And you survive everything. Things are not as bad as they might seem. Keep calm and see a therapist.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"We are far from the shallow now."
Thank you for this year of 2019 everyone!