In between day 2 and 3 of the Karlstad Gasshuku, happened Gala dinner. I will post that shortly too, but I thought that people would be generally more interested of the training day pictures, so here we go, day 3.
We had a morning session where pairs were made in lines and how the paires re-paired themselves was quite confusing to follow. It was like a human experiment of how much confusing instructions can you tolerate. Some went in a circle. Some went in X-shape. Someone was supposed to just stand where they were...
Editor's note: I would like to take this opportunity to give out a public apology for the three wise men from the United Kingdom for calling you with such names. I am truly sorry for causing you any distress of the name-calling-type! (I am not apologising any of the bruises I might have caused training with you in the afternoon, just so we are clear - pain and bruises you can get for free from this family)
At Kaihoko Sensei's group, they had gotten into the real business.
(picture with my camera by Sven Hebbe)
- Quality of individuals, how can the group support the individual to be their best self
- Building inner character, how to become a strong, stable individual
- Deep fears, how to handle them, how to overcome them
- Showing respect, what kind of need there is for certain levels of respect
- How to find balance, sometimes balance can be one part whiskey, two parts water, things don't have to be equal always.
- Understanding others in a hierarchical situation, reflecting one's own short comings into issues that annoy us about others, where infact we should just work to improve ourselves and not be envious
These were just a few to mention. I did have a great gasshuku indeed and I feel that I am a better kenshi for attending.